Athletics are an integral part of the rich tradition at Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School, but little had been done to advance the athletic facilities since it opened in 1950. School officials embarked on a significant program to provide facilities to echo the Irish pride of the school.
The athletic facilities were renovated and 18,000 square feet was added to the existing facility. Work saw the total renovation of the existing gymnasium and an expansion of 1,200 seats. The addition included a new practice gym, a wrestling room, public restrooms, a lobby, a concession area, and the Hall of Fame Room.
There is also a new weight training facility with new locker rooms and a complete upgrade of life safety. The project was undertaken while keeping the building and the campus fully operational and completely safe for staff and students.